Friday, June 22, 2007

Muppet Wisdom & Memories


Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.
- Miss Piggy

We don't hear much from Miss Piggy these days. I wonder what's up.

Are she and Kermit co-habitating? With the death years ago of Jim Henson, Kermit and Piggy could shack up without upsetting "Dad."

Where is Grover? That upstart Elmo really cut into Grover's airtime. Grover was the cute furry one when Elmo was fake fur on the bolt at Hancock's!

Remember the Muppet Show for grown-ups? Those were the days.

Why is it that in Saturday Night Live reruns you never, ever see the Muppet segments? Sometimes I think that I must have dreamed them up.

My 23 year old daughter was a Muppet fanatic. She had two Grovers that she wagged around everywhere. For a time she would only wear clothes with Grover on them. Thank goodness that J. C Penney had a steady supply!

My son was a Fraggle Rock man. I loved to read the Fraggle Rock books to him at bedtime. Most of them were in rhyme and quite clever.

When my kids outgrew the various Muppet characters, they forgot to take me with them.

For me, I'd rather be a Fraggle than a Doozer.

Peace

1 comment:

Practical Spirituality said...

hmmmm... let me see if I can figure out who this is... LOL